Club CRA Racing - For Fans of Simulation Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell Forza Motorsport 5 Event

3 posters

Go down

Farewell Forza Motorsport 5 Event Empty Farewell Forza Motorsport 5 Event

Post by desertrainfrog Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Since Forza Motorsport 5 is probably going to be left to starve to death (at least in online racing) after the full launch of Forza Motorsport 6, I was thinking about an event featuring short races in various completely stock cars on all environments. Within one evening/night (maybe two).

My first thoughts for car and track combinations:

1st: The Top Gear Test Track - a 3 lap time attack in the Vauxhall Astra TechLine to sort the drivers a little bit by their skills before starting with the actual races (4 to 5 laps total, one in lap, one out lap for recording the times if there are too many applicants for just one lobby).

2nd: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - a 5 lap spec race in a stock british sportscar that I haven't chosen yet (open for ideas ^^). Standing start, reversed Grid according to the results from the previous race.

3rd: Road Atlanta - 5 lap spec race in a Shelby GT500 or the new Mustang GT. Rolling start (in total 6 laps), reversed grid like before.

4th: Sebring International Raceway - a 5 lap spec race in a classic muscle car or a historic car in general (maybe an old Ferrari?). Rolling Start (in total 6 laps), reversed grid.

5th: Road America - 5 lap spec race in a Corvette. I don't have the new C7 Stingray so it will probably be the C6 ZR1. Rolling start (total of 6 laps), reversed grid.

7th: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 5 lap spec race in historic muscle cars ... or a Mazda ;D. Rolling start (6 laps), reversed grid.

8th: Mount Panorama Circuit - 6 lap spec race in a V8 supercar (the australian race cars) or a 4 lap spec race in the Holden HSV

9th: Yas Marina Circuit - 5 lap spec race in a Ferrari F12 or a 458 Italia. Standing start. reversed grid.

10th: Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe - depending on the number of drivers either a 2 to 3 lap race in a super- or a GT car (not race car - I mean Gran Tourers^^) or a 5 lap race in an Audi R18 LMP1 prototype. Rolling start (eventually +1 lap or just going backwards and doing it then), reversed grid.

11th: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - Also depending on the number of participants. Either a 3 lap race in a C/B class hatchback or a 5 lap race in a GT3 car. Rolling start (probably +1 lap), reversed grid.

And finally...

12th: Nürburgring VLN Layout (GP+Nordschleife) - 1 lap final battle in a GT-R or an F40. Rolling start (definitely going backwards and then doing the start Very Happy), reversed grid.

I hope that we can do this in one day on Friday the 18th or Saturday the 19th September.

What do you think? I'm open for ideas and improvements BUT the races will remain spec races with stock cars because I'm definitely not balancing or tuning them. Very Happy
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Farewell Forza Motorsport 5 Event Empty Re: Farewell Forza Motorsport 5 Event

Post by CRA XenoMorph Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:01 am

I think for this we have to speak to Urban and Ghosty in a party if they are interrested in joining this..  Maybe Project and Dodgey..  

Do you want to do this CRA members only?  
if yes, we have only 4 and maybe 6 drivers..

One other idea could be that we make it an open to everyone event and post this on TORA in the Community Section to see if others might wanna join..

CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

https://clubcraracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:20 pm

If we make it public we might get a full lobby or even two, which would be nice. I just wasn't sure if I should've posted it on TORA without letting you guys know Smile
So, if you guys are fine with it, we can make it a public event by CRA ^^
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:29 pm

You have my blessing buddy, make it public if you like Wink

The sooner we do this, the more chance there is to get a full lobby..

Here is the link matey Wink

http://forums.theonlineracingassociation.com/f417-other-site-series

btw. will you be on tonight?
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:04 pm

Thanks Smile

Yes, I should be available tonight. See you later then ^^
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:11 pm

desertrainfrog wrote:Thanks Smile

Yes, I should be available tonight. See you later then ^^

Ok matey,

Think I will be on around seven Wink
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:13 pm

I uploaded the event to TORA. Here's the new version:

Since Forza Motorsport 5 is probably going to be ultimately left to starve to death (at least in online racing) after the full launch of Forza Motorsport 6, I was thinking about an event featuring multiple short races in various combinations of completely stock cars on all (in my opinion) most likeable environments of the game.
All races won't take longer than 5 to 7 laps (basing on the track's length and the car's specs) and Simulation or at least Limited damage will be in effect. On each track a different car will be used which will have a completely stock tune.
Also because there is no much time and use for qualifying races for each race, the starting grid will base on the results from the previous race with an inverted starting grid except for the first one (more on that later).

I was also thinking about forcing simulation steering due to the advantages others might get when they're using the normal one.
I made this experience in the past and it was very annoying to see others passing you by just because they don't have to fight with the car's "personality" just like you.

I'm currently planning to do the series within one or two days (depending on your opinion) on Friday 18th and/or Saturday 19th of September somewhere in the evening times (BST). If the majority agrees, we can also do it on Saturday and Sunday instead.

The rules and regulations as well as the car and track combinations are not yet finalized and I'm open to any kind of ideas for improvements. BUT the basic idea will stay the same (SpecRacing, different stock cars per track, damage, inverted grids and that the races will be held sometime on the third September weekend).

Here are my first thoughts on the car and track combinations:

"Race" 1: The Top Gear Test Track - a 3 lap time attack in the Vauxhall Astra TechLine to sort the drivers a little bit by their skills before starting with the actual races (4 to 5 laps total, one in lap, one out lap for recording the times if there is more than one lobby). Collisions will be off, damage will be set to cosmetic.

!!!From here on, all races will be with standard collision mode, limited/simulation damage and reversed grids based on the results of the previous race!!!

Race 2: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit - a 5 lap race in a british sportscar that I haven't chosen yet (open for ideas ^^) with a standing start.

Race 3: Road Atlanta - a 5 lap race in a Shelby Mustang GT500 or the new Mustang GT with a rolling start (+1 lap for formation lap).

Race 4: Sebring International Raceway - a 5 lap race in a classic muscle car or a historic car in general (maybe an old Ferrari?). Rolling Start (also one additional lap for formation) depending on the cars drivability maybe with forced off ABS, TCS and STM to make these old cars a little bit more realistic(?).

Race 6: Road America - 5 lap race in a Corvette ZR1. (I don't have the new C7 Stingray ^^). Rolling start (+1 formation lap).

Race 7: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - 5 lap race in a classic muscle car ... or a Mazda (depending on your opinion and on the car choice for Sebring). Rolling start (additional formation lap) and maybe also no ABS, TCS and STM.

Race 8: Mount Panorama Circuit - a 7 lap race in the Holden V8 Supercars Race Car or a 4 lap spec race in the Holden HSV. Rolling start (additional formation lap).

Race 9: Yas Marina Circuit - 5 lap race in a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. Standing start.

Race 10: Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe - depending on your guys' opinion either a 2 to 3 lap race in a supercar or a Gran Tourer or a 5 lap race in an Audi R18 LMP1 prototype. Rolling start (eventually +1 lap for formation or just going backwards and doing it then). (Or a multiclass race with both of them?)

Race 11: Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - Either a 3 lap race in a C/B class hatchback or a 5 lap race in a GT3 car. Rolling start (probably +1 formation lap).

And finally...

Race 12: Nürburgring VLN Layout (GP+Nordschleife) - a 1 lap final battle in a Nissan GT-R or a Ferrari F40. Rolling start (definitely going backwards for formation Very Happy).
If it's the F40, No ABS, TCS and STM (insert evil laugh here)

If not stated differently in the race description above, everything except assisted braking and assisted or probably normal steering is allowed.

So, what do you think? I'm open for ideas and improvements BUT the races will remain spec races with stock cars because I'm definitely not balancing or tuning them within that short amount of time. Very Happy
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:17 am

Awesome buddy bounce bounce
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonsyoung Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:02 pm

nice work Smile cheers
Dragonsyoung
Dragonsyoung
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Yes, but currently there is not much response to that.
With Morph, Ghosty, me and Webbers88 who said that he is in this might become quite a lonely session.

I'm currently thinking about moving this idea to FM4 with a few changes to the car and track choices. Then Dragons and a few more who are still running their 360 could also join.
What do you think?

At the same time I could make this the final FM4 event for me, since I'm probably going to frame this game over my bed after this Very Happy
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:59 am

Let's do this on FM4 instead buddy, maybe we can get some more in Wink
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:20 pm

Yes, I already cancelled the FM5 event on TORA.
Maybe we should try doing it in FM4 a week later than I actually planned for the FM5 one?
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Yeah, why not buddy.. We can send Balmier and Mar B ond a message and ask if they want to join aswell and maybe Dingo..
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down