Club CRA Racing - For Fans of Simulation Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TORA American Iron UK Championship

2 posters

Go down

TORA American Iron UK Championship Empty TORA American Iron UK Championship

Post by desertrainfrog Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:16 am

Anybody interested in doing this Championship with me?

Here a short sum up:
The car must be a naturally aspirated american RWD "four-seater" between 1964 and 1999.
The weight must be between 2900 and 3200 Lbs, Power between 400 and 450 BHP and the PI must be exactly A650.
Race Brakes, Race Tires and a full Rollcage is mandatory, while anything else (including engine swaps) are optional.

A car list can be found here.

Qualifying consists of three laps (two flying laps) with standard qualification rules.

In the race are no mandatory pit stops but you can pit almost whenever you need/want.
Interesting thing is that there will also be a "Competition Caution period" in each race.

At a predetermined point in the race, posted in each week's Sign IN thread, there will be a Competition Caution period. This will be somewhere between the 1/3 to 2/3 mark in the race. On the first lap of Competition Caution, the pits will be CLOSED, on the second lap of the Competition Caution, pits will OPEN for an OPTIONAL Pit Stop, and at the end of the third lap of Competition Caution, green flag racing will resume. Competitors that choose to pit, will line up behind the cars that did not pit in the order they left the pits.

An additional rule for teams is that each team member will need to drive a different car.

The series will be held Thursday evenings starting on February 11th consisting of 8 race meetings on the following tracks in order:

• Sebring International Raceway (Full Circuit)
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
  • Sonoma Raceway (Short Circuit a.k.a. NASCAR Circuit in FM4)
  • Road America (Full Circuit)
  • Daytona International Speedway (Sports Car Circuit)
  • Lime Rock Park (Full Circuit)
  • Watkins Glen (Short Circuit)
  • Road Atlanta (Full Circuit)

Let me know if you guys are interested. I'm definitely IN even if I'm the only one of us.  Very Happy
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

TORA American Iron UK Championship Empty Re: TORA American Iron UK Championship

Post by desertrainfrog Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Update: I'll start testing some cars for that series in the following evenings and will sign up for the series at the latest of Sunday, February 6th.
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by desertrainfrog Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:25 pm

So the tests have shown, that all cars I would've liked to drive are hard to make them meet the requirements and if they do, they are awful to drive/not very fast.

So I'm not going to take part in this series. Let's see how the Production GT will work out. ^^
desertrainfrog
desertrainfrog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CRA XenoMorph Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:33 am

Looks very interesting but unfortunately too late to sign up
CRA XenoMorph
CRA XenoMorph
Admin

https://clubcraracing.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down